Professional Responsibility in Different Practice Settings
This course satisfies the professional responsibility requirement for graduation. In this course we take a look at the culture and structure of different legal practice settings. At the same time, we investigate and analyze ethical pressures that result from these different settings, and how to deal with them. The course will include a series of readings and discussions about these different settings; familiarity with ethical rules that govern various situations discussed in the course; interviewing representatives of these various practice situations in class; each student interviewing an attorney and writing a short paper summarizing the important points learned from that interview; and a brief presentation in class.
Grading and Method of Evaluation:
Letter grade only. Final exam. The exam will count for 60% of the grade, the paper/presentation for the other 40%.