Compete for $10,000 for your legal tech startup
The 6th Annual CUBE Innovators Invitational is a legal tech startup competition in which teams of up to five law students will compete for $10,000 to launch their legal tech venture. Teams that are invited to participate will have the opportunity to pitch their startup ideas to a panel of seasoned industry professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors at the CUBE Innovators Invitational.
The Center for Urban Business and Entrepreneurship (CUBE) at Brooklyn Law School has opened up its competition to law school students throughout New York.
In order to enter, student teams will need to submit an application consisting of a 150-word explanation of their legal tech idea and a 1-minute, unedited video to introduce themselves and their venture.
The teams final submissions will be a five-page proposal or business plan and an accompanying five-minute pitch or presentation, that (a) identifies a problem in legal practice, legal administration, or lawmaking, and (b) proposes an innovative technological solution or approach that effectively and feasibly addresses the problem presented.
1. How clearly and concisely the proposal states a problem and a proposed solution
2. How feasibly and effectively the proposal addresses the stated problem
3. How well the problem and proposal presented are supported by analysis and research
4. How innovative the proposal is, as compared to existing or analogous solutions
5. How well the presentation demonstrates competence and capability to implement the proposal, including but not limited to how well the seed money, if won, would further the venture’s mission