Introduction to Sustainability and Future Cities Boot Camp
Climate change has forced a top-to-bottom reconsideration of how municipalities regulate and energize the built environment. In New York City, recent local laws governing everything from carbon emission standards to sustainable roofing, Energy Star Ratings, and PACE financing is having a systemic impact on the way the private and public sectors plan, design, build, and operate buildings.
In response to the above, Brooklyn Law School is offering a one-day boot camp to provide participants a forward-looking immersion into the regulatory and market landscape defining sustainability and how it applies to the urban environment. Topics will include:
• How market forces and new legislation are propelling innovation in sustainability;
• How green contracts are impacting designers, developers, and contractors;
• How recent developments in NYC might foreshadow systemic changes to national infrastructure;
• How advances in green technology (including innovations in building materials, sensors, and smart systems) will disrupt building infrastructure; and
• How regulation of the private sector and other market factors will continue to influence the sustainability of our built environment.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
The program will commence with a Keynote address from Frank V. Carone ’94, Chief of Staff to Mayor Eric Adams, offering perspective on this administration’s approach to sustainability. This program will provide valuable training and networking opportunities to legal and nonlegal professionals, enabling them and their employers to anticipate, identify, and navigate sustainability issues efficiently and effectively.
Both in-person and virtual participation are being offered.
All guests attending in person are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted. Non-BLS faculty, students, and staff will have to provide identification, proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster to the security guard on duty at the Law School in order to attend the event. Please view the Brooklyn Law School (BLS) Guest COVID Guidelines prior to attending this event.
For general inquiries regarding this event, please contact the Brooklyn Law School Office of Events at email@example.com or (718) 780-7966.
Requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a disability to attend this event should be made to Louise Cohen, Director of Equal Opportunity and Title IX Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your request at least ten days before the event. We will do our best to address accommodation requests made after the ten days.