Learn about Brooklyn Law School’s 2-Year J.D. Experience
Join the 2-Year J.D. Webinar on Wednesday, February 8th, 5:30pm - 6:30pm. Please sign up here!
2 Year J.D. Program
Brooklyn Law School’s new 2-year J.D. program is designed for select students seeking a rigorous legal education in an abbreviated timeframe. It has the same credit and curricular requirements as the standard 3-year J.D., so if involves the same amount of the work as our current part-time and full-time programs. To complete the degree requirements, students take courses during the summers before and after their first year; over spring and winter intersessions; and during the traditional fall and spring semesters. Students in this program will be able to take advantage of the full range of activities such as participating in extra and co-curricular activities, including clinics
, Moot Court
, and student organizations
The first entering class began in May 2014, and while other students have a least one more year of coursework ahead of them, the 2-year students are preparing for graduation and securing jobs this year. The unique advantages of this innovative accelerated program are:
- The opportunity to enter the workplace faster and earn a paycheck sooner
- The savings of a year’s worth of living expenses
- The same high-quality credit and curricular requirements as the standard 3-year J.D.
- Access to the same award-winning faculty
- Guaranteed housing for the full 24 months
- The full support of our outstanding career services, with direct access to the Dean of Career and Professional Development
- A senior faculty member to advise you on how to make the most of your time here
- The flexibility to extend to 2.5 or 3 years, if you wish to do so.
The two-year program is designed to give prospective law students more options to build a path to success that fits their lives and goals. Read more in the 2-year J.D. brochure.