LL.M. Open House
We welcome all prospective LL.M. students for an Open House on November 19th! The program will begin with a light breakfast at 9:00AM followed by an introduction to the law school, the LL.M. program and the admissions process by Julie Sculli, the program director. Visitors will then have the chance to attend a law school class and take a tour of the school and campus. You must RSVP to attend.
LLM Admission Strategies
January 21, 2014
4:00 PM EST
This workshop explores the law school LL.M. admissions process: getting in and choosing the school that is right for you. If you are beginning to work on your admission application or are considering applying to law school for your LL.M. in the future, this is the program for you. Because the workshop focuses on the nuts and bolts of preparing an effective admission application, it is not designed for candidates who have already submitted an application for the next entering class.
The program covers:
- How the admission process works;
- How to prepare your application;
- What admission committees evaluate;
- Application strategies;
- The importance of letters of recommendation;
- How to approach the personal essay;
- Dealing with potential weaknesses;
- Avoiding admission mistakes; and
- When to apply.
The webinars will last approximately 45 minutes followed by a chance to ask questions. You need to have a computer and speakers in order to hear the webinar.
Meet Me In Brooklyn
January 9, 2014
1:00 PM EST
This webinar will introduce you to the Law School and our LL.M. program. It will include:
- An overview of the students, faculty and classes at Brooklyn Law School;
- The specifics of the LL.M. program and the opportunities available to LL.M. students;
- Ways to finance your LL.M. degree; and
- Information on the neighborhood and campus
The webinar will last approximately 45 minutes followed by a chance to ask questions. You need to have a computer and speakers in order to hear the webinar.
Relevant deadlines for the LL.M. are as follows:
- Early Action Application Deadline: December 1
- Regular Review Priority Deadline: February 1 (though applications will continue to be accepted through June 30)
- Tuition Deposit and Matriculation Fee Due Date: April 15 or the date denoted in the letter of admission, whichever is later
- Housing Application and Deposit Due Date: May 1