Thursday, September 23
6:00 -- 8:00 PM
Moot Court Room
250 Joralemon Street
Sponsored by the Federal Bar Council
President Truman has been arrested and is on trial before the International Criminal Court for his decision to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki during the Second World War. A judge will decide his hypothetical fate in this fictional enactment.
- Judge - The Honorable Carol Bagley Amon, US District Judge, EDNY
- President Harry S. Truman - The Honorable Paul A. Crotty, US District Judge, SDNY
- Henry L. Stimson, Secretary of War - Thomas E. Bezanson, Esq., Cohen & Gresser LLP
- Condoleeza Rice, Secretary of State - Sheila S. Boston, Esq., Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kantaro Suzuki, Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy General Staff - Kathy Hirata Chin, Esq., Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Prosecutor - David N. Ellenhorn Esq., NYS Office of the Attorney General
- Narrator I - Bennette Deacy Kramer, Esq., Schlam Stone & Dolan LLP
- Narrator II - Steven M. Edwards, Esq., Hogan Lovells
- Ryuichi Skimoda, a Victim - Peggy Kuo, NYSE Regulation, Inc.
- Dr. P.M.S. Brackett, an Expert Witness - Eliot Long
- Counsel for the Defendant - Joan G. Wexler, President, Brooklyn Law School
- Director - Steven M. Edwards, Esq., Hogan Lovells
THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS.