Students may borrow federal student loans for the academic year. Graduate Plus Loans are available for the summer if the student is enrolled in six credits or more.
To qualify for a federal student loan, the student must be:
- Enrolled at least half-time (six credits or more)
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Making satisfactory academic progress if already enrolled in school
- Not in default on a previous federal student loan
- Males 18-25 must register with Selective Service
- Males 26 and over who did not register with Selective Service are ineligible for aid